Franklin Road, Saxmundham, Suffolk | Shared Ownership, £168,750

A shared ownership end of terrace house with the new owner owning 75% the local housing association retaining 25% and with the new owner having the potential to purchase the remaining 25% and having 100% ownership. The property has been immaculately maintained and has and open plan living area, ground floor cloakroom, first floor landing, 2 beds and bathroom. Gas central heating. Gardens and parking
THE PROPERTY: This modern end of terrace property is being offered with shared ownership - the new owner will own 75% of the property with the remaining 25% being retained by Saffron Housing Trust so should be ideal for anyone looking to get their foot on the housing ladder (please note that the property is not for investment and the new owner will have to fill in a brief form for the housing association to ensure they are suitable). A new owner has the potential to purchase the remaining 25% currently at a figure of £56,250 and therefore have 100% ownership. The current owner has maintained the property beautifully which is well presented and occupies a popular location in the market town of Saxmundham. The property benefits from gas central heating and sealed unit double glazing throughout - to appreciate this excellent property earliest viewing is strongly recommended.

The entrance lobby has stairs to the first floor and gives access to the open plan living area which is dual aspect and which has a useful deep built in cupboard, breakfast bar and a range of fitted kitchen floor drawer and wall units with fitted worksurface having stainless steel sink inset. Tiled splashbacks. Four ring gas hob with cooker hood over and oven under. Plumbing for washing machine. Built in fridge freezer. Cup housing wall mounted gas fired boiler for central heating and hot water. The rear lobby has a door to the garden and gives access to the ground floor cloakroom which has a close coupled WC and washbasin. The first floor landing gives access to both bedrooms, each capable of taking a double bed and both with built in wardrobes. The bathroom has a panelled bath with wall tiling, shower over and shower screen, washbasin and close coupled WC. Outside the front garden is laid to lawn and there is a designated off road parking space, behind the property is a paved patio with the garden being laid to lawn with surrounding fencing and having a timber garden shed.

Agent's note: we understand that a new owner has the potential to purchase the remaining 25% currently owned by Saffron Housing Trust at the current market value.


The property is being sold leasehold - 25% ownership is retained by local housing association trust and we understand from them that on their portion: "There is no rent payable. Within the terms of the lease the owner will be liable for any service charges if requested but there are none being charged at present."


Saxmundham is a vibrant market town which has an excellent range of shops (including Tesco and Waitrose supermarkets), a health centre, a primary school, a free school and railway station which offers a regular service to London (Liverpool Street). Saxmundham is well located for striking out at the many attractions of the East Suffolk coast much of which has been designated as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and includes the RSPB nature reserve at Minsmere with other reserves at North Warren, Havergate Island and Shingle Street. There are ancient castles at Framlingham and Orford and the historic coastal towns of Southwold and Aldeburgh are within driving distance both with golfing and sailing clubs and the latter being home to the internationally famous Aldeburgh Music Festival with many events being held at the Snape Maltings complex.
Floorplan for Franklin Road, Saxmundham, Suffolk